Every girl grows up dreaming of her Prince Charming, the man who is so perfect that she falls in love with him instantly and lives happily ever after.
The question is…do men do the same thing? Does every man you meet have a vision of his perfect girl – his Princess Charming – in his head?
The answer is yes.
I know what you’re thinking – “What is this girl like? How do I learn to be like her? How do I become Princess Charming?” Read on for a few suggestions on how to become perfect girlfriend material…
· Be feminine but don’t be prissy. If he wanted to be dating someone masculine, he’d be dating a man! Embrace your inner girly-ness and throw on a skirt and your favorite pair of heels every once in a while.
· Have a good sense of humor. Women almost always list “A good sense of humor” as one of the top traits they want in a boyfriend. It’s no different for men. Relax! Learn to take a joke, and to dish them back out.
· Accept his flaws. Think about it – you love the fact that he tells you you’re beautiful in the mornings, or that he thinks you’re sexy even when you haven’t shaved your legs in a week, so return the favor. So what if he sometimes leaves the seat up? You’re not perfect – he doesn’t have to be either.
· Have a life outside of your relationship. Don’t focus all your time and energy on your man. He’ll start to feel stifled, and he’ll lose respect for you. Eat dessert. Travel. Spend time with your friends. Work a job you love. Be independent and love your life (he’ll love it too, and dread not being a part of it!).
· Find balance. Evolutionarily, men are dominant and women are submissive. Life has changed considerably since we crawled out of the primordial ooze, but traces of the same psychology remain. In order to feel confident and successful, a man must feel that he is in control of the things that are important to him. At the same time, however, men don’t find weak, dependent, needy women attractive. Be strong, but not threateningly aggressive.
· Be confident with your sexuality. When you’re girlfriend material, you understand how to be sexy without being skanky. Take pride in your body. Be flirtatious. Initiate sex. Communicate what you want. Be a little bit adventurous. You are self-assured, in control, and completely irresistible!
· Don’t be needy. Clinginess is one of the biggest turnoffs for a man. Don’t be upset if he can’t spend time with you. Don’t act jealous or suspicious if he mentions the name of another woman. Don’t bombard him with text messages and phone calls.
· Work towards your dreams. A woman who is ambitious and motivated is incredibly sexy. Set goals and work towards them. He’ll be impressed by your determination, and inspired to improve himself.
Follow these tips and you’ll soon become the girl he can’t bear to be without!
Nicole Westwood is a upscale matchmaker and a professional matchmaker in Los Angeles.