Break-ups are not fun and its something we have all been through. Here are the top ten ways to get over a breakup and move on with your life from upscale matchmaker, Nicole Westwood.
Ten Ways To Get Over a Break-up:
1. Take a Trip: Even if it is just a weekend road trip, take a trip somewhere new and beautiful, either alone, or with friends/family.
2. Volunteer: Volunteering for a worthy cause, especially with people who maybe underprivileged or in need will help give you a new outlook on life.
3. Be Creative: Write, paint, compose, blog etc, Do whatever makes your heart sing.
4. Get an excercise regime: walking, yoga, dance, if you get moving you will not only get fit, you will also get those happy endorphins flowing.
5. Spend time with your friends and family.
6. Counseling: You may groan at this one, but if you went through a particularly bad break-up, it might be good for you to have someone to talk to.
7. Go to the Spa: A manicure, pedicure, facial or massage never did ANYONE harm or get a makeover (just don’t go overboard)
8. Get a couple of funny movies from Netflix, laughter is very healing.
9. Start dating again, might be hard, but you might meet the love of your life.
10.Reflect on what went wrong and what you have learned not to do again.
Four Ways NOT to Get Over a Breakup.
1. Don’t take revenge on your ex even though it might be what you want in the short run. Be the bigger person and move on with your life
2. Don’t binge on junk food.
3. Don’t shop to you drop: Retail therapy is fine, in small doses.
4. Don’t start dating until you feel like you are ready to.