Looking for a fun date idea? How about getting out into the fresh air for a great meal and a lot of relaxation. It’s all in the preparation and here’s what you need to make it a smashing success with just a little effort.
Slow down, step back from your hurried schedule by keeping things simple, easy and relaxing – plain old fun.
Take a week-end or two before your date and look for a picnic basket – either a new one or look into your local thrift shops, they have bargains galore. Don’t want to spring for a new one and can’t find a gently used one, opt for a back pack and small cooler to carry your items in.
Put together your “picnic pack” – these are the items that you’ll wish you had when you don’t – pick up and put together:
- Ice or frozen cold packs to keep your drinks and food fresh
- Cloth napkins (always special), real silver ware, salt and pepper, wine glasses
- Ketchup, mustard, mayo, and sugar – these depend on your food choices
- A couple of trash bags (one for trash and one for dirty dishes)
- A wet cloth or two for sticky fingers insect spray and sun screen; a small first-aid kit bottled water
The day of your fun date, drop in on the local farmers market, pick up fresh veggies, fruit, bread, cheese, and a special wine.
Choosing the perfect picnic spot is entirely up to you and what you want your picnic to be (intimate and romantic or quality time with a close friend):
- At a city park
- Along a hiking trail
- Along-side a mountain river
- Near a lake
- Maybe your own backyard if you have one
Maybe you’ll want a little music? How about a book or two or maybe cards for a few hands – remember, you’re relaxing… so make plans for what that might mean for your perfect picnic.
Bring along a blanket and maybe an umbrella.
Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time. ~ John Lubbock
…so spread out your blanket, open up the basket and pour a little wine, put on your favorite CD, and lay back to enjoy the sounds of summer – often times, a perfect way to fall in love.