So you and your boyfriend have been together for a long time. In your mind you know it’s time for him to ask you to marry him, but he hasn’t touched the topic with a 10 foot pole. And when you say anything even remotely close about the subject, he pulls away quicker than a toddler’s hand whose touched a hot stove.
Does this story sound familiar? Are you completely lost in figuring out what is going on? Are you desperate to find out how you can get your man to propose, but just can’t find the answers.
Women all over the United States are struggling with this issue. In fact, according to statistics, there are more single women than there are married for the first time in history. I say this so that you can take heart and know that you’re not alone in your struggles with getting your man to propose.
Having said that, I’m sure that gives little comfort if you still don’t get answers that will help you to get him to commit. That’s what I’m going to do now.
Before giving those though, first I want to assure you that you that the fact he hasn’t asked you to marry him yet is not because of you. You are an amazing wonderful person and his refusal to give you a ring stems from something much different than that.
I hope that gives you some comfort and more so… relief.
Moving on though, when it comes to asking for your hand in marriage, while it’s not you personally that is the problem, there are some things that you may be doing that is causing him to avoid “popping the question.” Plus, there are some things you SHOULD be doing to get him down on one knee for you.
In fact, here is a list of 5 common things women do and possibly you’ll have to change in order to get your man to propose.
- AVOID buying into the myths – saying that his avoidance in asking for your hand in marriage is one of those myths. Another myth is that he is a “commitment phobe.” Yet another one is that you’re just not “hot enough.” These common beliefs are simply just not true.
- Don’t buy into tabloid article offerings about how to get him to propose – The biggest thing to remember is that magazines are trying to sell a product. To do that they will sensationalize all the details associated with whatever they’re writing about. Just like weight loss supplements, they’ll promise you can lose 25 pounds of fat in 5 days if it means you’ll buy the product to try it out… even though they know what they’re promising just isn’t true.
- Don’t constantly bring up the topic of matrimony or long term commitment – if he’s not open to the subject or initiates the conversation about it, all your communication associated with it will simply turn him from green, (being all for it) to yellow, or even red, (putting the brakes on cooling off his feelings for you).
- Do start showing you truly care about the real him – your guy is a person. Even a man’s man simply wants someone to know the real him deep down inside without trying to size him up or get something from him.
- Do help him on his journey to find his life’s purpose – deep down inside every man is a desire to find their life’s purpose and accomplish it. You’ll start getting him to notice when he realizes you’re there to help him in that mission. Don’t tell him where to go and how to get there… just encourage and support him along the way.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7055695